Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mid Week Mojo- Opal 3

www.scrapbooksteals.com is pretty much my addiction! Seriously. They have two daily deals a day of scrapbook supplies 50-80% off! Its awesome! I have met so many great women through the facebook page. They have really gotten me more and more into scrapping than before.

Each Wednesday, the fantastic Scrapbook Steals blogger Kristy Lee, posts a sketch that she (or a guest sketcher) makes. Then we have until Monday at midnight to post a layout we made using that sketch. Then they pick a random winner to receive a prize! Its been a great way to really keep me going strong, even when I don't feel like scrapping. Plus the sketches are fabulous!

Each 10 weeks of MWMs are named after a gemstone, so this one is Opal. We are already on Opal 3 and here is the sketch:


I loved this sketch so much that I actually made a double page out of it. I rotated the second page to add a little more dimension, and so I could use horizontal photos.


I love how they turned out! I used MME Lime Twist for these pages :)

Well I'm officially done for tonight! Off to watch a little TV and relax now!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the two page version of the Opal sketch Megan! Love that lime twist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous. The pics are fab. I love the cake face :)

    ReplyDelete